... my adventures as I wander through the wonderful world of coupons, rewards and rebates ...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

Just one small piece of advice.  Do not send someone to the store for you with a list and a stack of coupons if they do not love and respect coupons themselves.  The results will be tragic. 

I sent my husband with a very detailed list and a paperclipped stack of coupons along with my Kroger card.  He came back with things I did not ask for and the wrong brand of things.  I didn't ask him to make decisions.  I asked to to buy what was on the list. 

I had 2 coupons for Gerber baby food that had to be used at Kroger.  I believe each of them you had to buy 6.  I told him to get 6 meat combos and 6 fruits. 

Well, he decided that there wasn't a big enough selection in the fruits so he bought some Beech Nut .  I DIDN'T HAVE A COUPON FOR BEECH NUT.  What was he thinking?  I know he didn't buy enough of the Gerber to use both coupons.  The Gerber from Kroger was merely a portion of what I planned to buy.  I just so happened to have Gerber coupons specific to Kroger. 

I couldn't even bear to look further into what happened with the rest of my coupons.  At least he used by $5 off $25 purchase. 

I feel better to have vented.

No comments:

Post a Comment